Sender info lets your subscribers know who your Newsletter is from. Threadloom offers two options: You can send Newsletter issues from email@example.com, or you can use an email address on your own domain.
Here's how the two options compare:
|Send from||Custom from & reply emails||Custom from name||Setup time||Ramp time||DNS changes|
|Email address at your domain||Yes||Yes||Longer||Longer||Yes|
If you use an email address on your own domain, you will need to update your DNS records in order to grant Threadloom permission to send emails on behalf of your domain. This article describes how to configure this option.
Note: If you are already sending Newsletter issues via firstname.lastname@example.org, and you want to start sending from an email address at your domain, email us at email@example.com for assistance.
Step 1: Choose your sender
To get started, log into your Threadloom Portal and navigate to: Your forum > Newsletter > Settings > Sender details. Select "Send from an address at my domain".
Step 2: Enter your sender details
Your sender name and email address tell recipients who your Newsletter is from. Inbox providers will display these details to users when they read your email. Your reply-to name and email address can be the same as your sender name and email address, or different (if you prefer to route replies to a different address).
After filling in your sender info, add your physical mailing address. This is required in most countries in order to comply with anti-spam legislation.
When you're done, click Save.
Step 3: Set up sender authentication
After saving your sender details, it can take up to five minutes to generate your sender authentication CNAME records. We'll email you when these are ready. You can access your CNAME records under the Sender authentication section of your Newsletter settings.
When your CNAME records are ready:
- Temporarily lower the TTL on your CNAME records to 1 minute (60 seconds). This will help if we need to do any troubleshooting.
- Add the CNAME records to your DNS records.
- Wait an hour, then check the verification status on the Threadloom sender authentication page to confirm that we verified your records.
- Restore your TTL settings to their prior value (e.g., 24 hours / 86,400 seconds).
Threadloom automatically verifies your records. Once verified, the record status will change from Pending to Verified.
When all five records are verified, Threadloom will be able to send newsletters from your custom domain email address. If all five of your CNAMEs are still not verified after 24 hours, and you've double-checked your DNS settings, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- If you're using Cloudflare to manage your DNS records, please disable Cloudflare caching for these CNAMEs.
- If you have HSTS enabled for your main site, please disable HSTS and the "include subdomains" option for these 5 CNAMEs.
- If you:
- are sending from an email address other than your forum's domain.tld; or
- manage your DNS records at 1&1 and are running into issues with verification, email us at email@example.com.