Below are instructions for upgrading the Threadloom plug-in to XenForo 2.1.x, from an earlier platform version, i.e., XenForo 1.5.x or XenForo 2.0.x.
Upgrading from XenForo 1.5.x to 2.1
After upgrading XenForo from 1.5.x to 2.1, please submit a ticket so we can update your account.
After we have updated your account, you will need to download the latest Threadloom plug-in and install it via the add-on manager in XenForo 2.1. (XenForo 2.1 introduces the ability to install add-ons that have been archived from the admin panel.)
If you prefer to manually install the plug-in, follow these steps:
- Download your new XenForo 2.1 plug-in ZIP file.
- Decompress the ZIP file.
- Upload the extracted "Threadloom" folder to your server, following the path, "/addons/Threadloom/".
- In Admin Control Panel, go to Home > Add-ons.
- Click on Install next to the Threadloom plug-in.
Upgrading from XenForo 2.0.x to 2.1
After upgrading XenForo from 2.0.x to 2.1, no additional file changes or uploads are required. Please submit a ticket so we can update your account.
For all upgrades
- Once you've upgraded the Threadloom plug-in, we will re-sync your index. As a result, depending on the size of your index, Search and Newsletter may experience a delay. On average, most forums re-sync about 250-500K posts per hour.
- If you are using a custom theme in XenForo 2.1, you may need to make additional changes via template modification. Please see this article for instructions on editing custom styles.