What is Primary?
Primary is Threadloom's consumer platform for product recommendations. It enables admins to monetize product discussions on their forums by recommending products for specific audiences, and monetizing them with the admin's existing affiliate IDs. Learn more
What are the benefits to using Primary?
Primary enables you to generate additional affiliate revenue. It also increases site engagement by providing visitors with high-quality product content.
How do I earn new affiliate revenue from Primary?
Primary enables you to monetize your product discussions in two ways:
- Embed Primary on your site. You can embed any of the following content types on your site. Primary will automatically include your affiliate IDs, enabling you to keep 100% of the revenue from any embedded sessions.
- Primary Explorer: Product carousel widget.
- Primary Product Pages: Detailed information about products with links to related discussions.
- Primary List: Default list of top products discussed on your forum.
- Insert products into Threadloom Newsletter. Include up to four products per issue. If you've embedded Primary Product Pages on your site, links from Newsletter will go to to your site instead of to Primary.
How exactly do you use my content?
We connect product information from across the Internet to related discussions on your forum. We display the full text of posts behind a read-more click, but index only post snippets. We also always include attribution and direct links.
How do I know you won't take away traffic from my site?
Our product recommendations compete with non-forum product recommendation sites. We display only specific posts about products (as opposed to threads), index only post snippets, prominently display forum attribution, and link directly to the original post on your forum.
How do I earn revenue that I'm not already earning now?
We make it easy for your visitors to see all of the best products for their interests in one place on your forum. We also make it easy for you to monetize Threadloom Newsletter by automatically inserting products into your Newsletter issues.
If you embed Primary on your site, we automatically attach your affiliate IDs to each retailer link, and you keep 100% of the affiliate revenue. All embedded clicks stay on your site, except for retailer link clicks, which open in a new tab.
What does Threadloom get out of this?
We earn affiliate revenue only on direct visits to https://primary.org, not on embedded sessions. We take none of your site's affiliate revenue.
If you embed Primary, you keep 100% of the affiliate revenue generated by embedded sessions. However, Primary requires attribution and a link back to Primary if you embed Primary on your site. We require only a single visible attribution instance and link back to Primary for each content type:
- Primary Explorer: Attribution and link on your home page only.
- Primary Product Pages: Attribution and link on the Product Page only.
- Primary List: Attribution and link on the List page only.
The Primary plug-in automatically generates default attribution messages for each content type.
How do I get started?
You can take begin earning revenue with Primary in four steps: