What is Primary?
What are the benefits to using Primary?
Primary enables forums to generate additional affiliate revenue. It also increases forum engagement by providing visitors with high-quality product content.
How do I earn new affiliate revenue from Primary?
Primary enables forums to monetize their product discussions in two ways:
- Embed Primary. Embed any of the following content types. Primary will automatically attach your affiliate IDs, enabling you to keep 100% of the revenue from any embedded sessions.
- Primary Explorer: Product carousel widget.
- Primary Product Pages: Detailed product information with links to related posts.
- Primary List: List of top products.
- Insert products into Threadloom Newsletter. Include up to four products per issue. If you've embedded Primary Product Pages, products links in Newsletter will go to your site instead of Primary.
How exactly do you use my content?
We connect product information from across the Internet to related posts on your forum. We display only post snippets, and always include attribution and direct links.
How do I know you won't take away traffic from my site?
You have the option to configure Primary so that any user who interacts with the embeds on your site, stays on your site. In addition, the Primary website targets non-forum users and competes with non-forum product recommendation sites. Finally, we display only post snippets about products and always include attribution and backlinks.
How do I earn revenue that I'm not already earning now?
We make it easy for forum visitors to view the best products for their interests on your site. We also make it easy for you to monetize Threadloom Newsletter by automatically inserting products into your Newsletter issues.
If you embed Primary on your site, we automatically attach your affiliate IDs to each retailer link, and you keep 100% of the affiliate revenue. All embedded clicks stay on your site, except for retailer link clicks, which open in a new tab.
What does Threadloom get out of this?
We earn affiliate revenue only on direct visits to https://primary.org, not on embeds. We take none of your affiliate revenue.
If you embed Primary, you keep 100% of the affiliate revenue generated by embeds. However, Primary requires attribution and a link back to Primary if you embed Primary. We require only a single visible attribution instance and link back to Primary for each content type:
- Primary Explorer: Attribution and link on your home page only.
- Primary Product Pages: Attribution and link on the Product Page only.
- Primary List: Attribution and link on the List page only.
The Primary plug-in automatically generates default attribution messages for each content type.
How do I get started?
You can take begin earning revenue with Primary with the following steps:
- Sign up for a Threadloom account.
- Install the Threadloom plug-in (available in the Threadloom Portal) and index your forum.
- Drop us a line requesting to enable Primary for your account.
- Send us your affiliate IDs. Learn more
- Embed Primary on your site. Learn more
- Insert Primary products into Newsletter. Learn more