- Download the plug-in
- Log in to the Threadloom portal.
- Add your forum if you haven't already.
- Click on Install Threadloom next to your forum
- Click on Download plug-in ZIP to download the plug-in.
- Install the plug-in
- Decompress the ZIP file.
- Upload the extracted "Threadloom" folder to your server, so that the path is /addons/Threadloom/.
- In your Admin Control Panel, go to Home > Add-ons.
- Click on Install next to the Threadloom add-on.
- Check your connection
- In your Admin Control Panel, go to Home > Setup > Options > Threadloom.
- Leave Enable Search in the Off position.
- If you see "Connection : OK" at the bottom of the screens, this means that you successfully connected to Threadloom’s servers with the correct credentials. (It does not mean that your index is built or that you should enable Threadloom.)
- Do not enter Base URL or Sync URL – these are for troubleshooting only.
Previewing and enabling Threadloom after your index is complete
Before enabling Threadloom, we need to create your index. The first sync usually takes 6-12 hours. (We’ve designed the plug-in not to interfere with other operations, e.g., scheduled tasks, backups.)
When your index is complete, we’ll send you an email. Once you receive it:
- Check the preview link in your email and update your colors and custom search tabs if necessary.
- In the Admin Control Panel, go to Home > Setup > Options > Threadloom, and toggle Enable Search to On.
- Refresh a forum page in your browser, and perform a search. You should see your new Threadloom-powered search results.