Following are instructions for existing Threadloom customers, who have recently upgraded from XenForo 1 to XenForo 2, and want to upgrade their Threadloom plug-in. If you're installing Threadloom for the first time on a new XenForo 2 forum, please follow the instructions in this article instead.
The instructions below will show you how to obtain and install the Threadloom XenForo 2 plug-in without having to re-create your account and go through indexing again.
For test sites (optional)
If you're planning to install Threadloom on a separate test site before upgrading your production site, create a new account in the Threadloom Portal for your test site, and follow the regular installation instructions. This will establish a separate Threadloom index and ensure that your test data does not interfere with your production Threadloom Search index.
Once you've completed testing, cancel your test account and return to these instructions to upgrade your production site without recreating your index.
If you aren't planning to use Threadloom on a test site, follow the instructions below to upgrade.
Upgrading an existing Threadloom XenForo site
Begin this process only after you've upgraded your site to XenForo 2.
- Log in to the Threadloom Portal.
- On the homepage, click the name of the forum you want to upgrade.
- Below your basic settings, click the Upgrade button in the Upgrading to XenForo 2 section.
- Follow the instructions on the upgrade page.
- Click Update my platform to register your new forum platform with Threadloom.
- Download your new XenForo 2 plug-in ZIP file.
- Install the plug-in.
- Decompress the ZIP file.
- Upload the extracted "Threadloom" folder to your server, so that the path is "/addons/Threadloom/".
- In your Admin Control Panel, go to Home > Add-ons.
- Click on Install next to the Threadloom add-on.
- If you use Search, confirm Search works as intended.
- Since Threadloom does not need to re-index your site, you can test Search right away.
- Log in to your Admin Control Panel, go to Home > Setup > Options > Threadloom.
- If you see "Connection : OK" at the bottom of the screen, this means that you have successfully connected to Threadloom’s servers with the proper credentials.
- Check if Enable Search is set to On (Threadloom will retain the most recent setting prior to migrating to XenForo 2).
- If Threadloom is not enabled, you can view Threadloom in preview mode using your preview URL, which you can find in the sync complete email from Threadloom (or by enabling Threadloom and performing a search).
- When you're ready to enable Threadloom, toggle Enable Search to On.
- Run your final checks.
- Confirm your color selections. You can find more information about selecting colors here.
- If you are using custom search tabs, confirm that they work. As long as your custom search URLs haven't changed, your settings will transfer over. If they changed when you migrated to XenForo 2, update them in your Search settings in the Threadloom Portal.