These instructions are for existing Threadloom customers upgrading from the XenForo 1 Threadloom plug-in to the XenForo 2 Threadloom plug-in. If you're installing Threadloom for the first time on a new XenForo 2 forum, click here for instructions.
Use the instructions below to get a XenForo 2 Threadloom plug-in without having to re-create your account and index.
Optional (instructions for test sites)
If you're planning to test Threadloom on a separate test site before upgrading your production site, create a new account in the Threadloom portal for your test site and follow the regular installation instructions. This will establish a separate Threadloom index and ensure that your test data doesn't interfere with your live production Threadloom Search.
Once you're done testing, cancel your test account and return to these instructions to upgrade your production site without recreating your index.
If you aren't planning to use Threadloom on a test site, simply follow the instructions below to upgrade.
Only begin this process after you've upgraded your site to XenForo 2.
- Log in to your Threadloom portal.
- On the homepage, click the name of the forum you want to upgrade.
- Below your basic settings, click the Upgrade button in the Upgrading to XenForo 2 section.
- Follow the instructions on the upgrade page:
- Click Update my platform to register your new forum platform with Threadloom.
- Download your new XenForo 2 plug-in ZIP file.
- Install the plug-in
- Decompress the ZIP file.
- Upload the extracted "Threadloom" folder to your server, so that the path is "/addons/Threadloom/".
- In your Admin Control Panel, go to Home > Add-ons.
- Click on Install next to the Threadloom add-on.
- If you use Search, test your new Search
- Since Threadloom doesn't need to re-index your site, you can test Search right away.
- Log in to your Admin Control Panel, go to Home > Setup > Options > Threadloom.
- If you see "Connection : OK" at the bottom of the screen, this means that you successfully connected to Threadloom’s servers with the correct credentials.
- Check if Enable Search is set to On (Threadloom will default to the last known status before you migrated to XenForo 2).
- If Threadloom is not enabled, you can view Threadloom in preview mode using your Preview URL, which you can find in your original sync complete email from Threadloom (or by enabling Threadloom and performing a search).
- When you're ready to enable Threadloom, toggle Enable Search to On
- A couple more things to check (Search-only):
- Check that your colors look good. See instructions for editing colors.
- If you've setup custom search tabs, check that each custom search tab works. As long as your custom search URLs haven't changed, your settings will transfer over. If they changed when you migrated to XenForo 2, update them in your Search settings in the Threadloom portal.