- Log in to the Threadloom Portal.
- Download the plug-in.
- Click "Download plug-in XML." If your browser opens the XML in a new browser window:
- In Chrome: Go to File > Save Page As > Format: XML text.
- In Safari: Go to File > Save Page As > Format: Page Source.
- Please do not share the XML as it contains information specific to your account.
- In your vBulletin Admin Control Panel, go to Plugins & Products > Manage Products > Add/Import Product (at the bottom).
- Click on Choose File and select the downloaded XML file.
- For Allow Overwrite, select "Yes", and click on Import.
- Leave Enable Search in the Off position.
- If you see "Connection : OK" at the bottom of the screens, this means that you successfully connected to Threadloom’s servers with the correct credentials. (It does not mean that your index is built or that you should enable Threadloom.)
- Do not enter Base URL or Sync URL – these are for troubleshooting only.
For more information on Adaptive Styling, view this article.
Before enabling Threadloom, we need to create your index. The first sync usually takes 6-12 hours. (We’ve designed the plug-in not to interfere with other operations, e.g., scheduled tasks, backups.)
When your index is complete, we’ll send you an email. Once you receive it:
- In vBulletin Admin Control Panel, go to Settings > Options > Threadloom, and toggle Enable Search to On.
- Refresh a forum page in your browser, and perform a search. You should see your new Threadloom-powered search results.
If you are upgrading the Threadloom plug-in
- have already previously installed the Threadloom plug-in;
- use Cloudflare or a similar caching service provider; and
- are upgrading it to a newer version fo the Threadloom plug-in,
please flush your cache after upgrading the plug-in to make sure your site is serving the latest files.