- Log in to the Threadloom Portal.
- Click Download plug-in ZIP to download the plug-in.
- Install the plug-in. Either:
- Use Add-on Install & Upgrade (recommended) and upload the ZIP file.
- Install manually:
- Decompress the ZIP file.
- Upload the extracted "Threadloom" folder to your server, so that the path is /library/Threadloom/.
- In your Admin Control Panel, go to Home > Add-ons > Install New Add-on.
- Click on Choose Files and select the XML file from the extracted folder.
- Click on Install Add-on.
- In your Admin Control Panel, go to Home > Options > Threadloom Community Search.
- Leave Enable Search in the Off position.
- If you see "Connection : OK" at the bottom of the screens, this means that you successfully connected to Threadloom’s servers with the correct credentials. (It does not mean that your index is built or that you should enable Threadloom.)
- Do not enter Base URL or Sync URL – these are for troubleshooting only.
Before enabling Threadloom, we need to create your index. The first sync usually takes 6-12 hours. (We’ve designed the plug-in not to interfere with other operations, e.g., scheduled tasks, backups.)
When your index is complete, we’ll send you an email. Once you receive it:
- In the Admin Control Panel, go to Home > Options > Threadloom Community Search, and toggle Enable Search to On.
- Refresh a forum page in your browser, and perform a search. You should see your new Threadloom-powered search results.